Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Sickness...

I'm off to Gisenyi in 20 minutes. I had my official security briefing and got my badge today. I don't know my blood type (and neither does my HMO--they never tested for that, which I'm pissed about) so my badge says I'm O Positive until I go to a clinic to find out what my blood type really is. To be truthful, I don't want to be anywhere near a needle while I'm here. I hope I don't need a blood transfusion anytime soon.

I got really sick last night--the whole kitten caboodle. I think it was because it was 90 degrees and suffocating all day, and despite my attempts to stay hydrated, I was far from it. I was bedridden from 7 pm until 7 this morning. I feel fine now, but I was really in a bad way last night.

And this morning, getting on the matatu bus to the office, some kids (well, 13 year olds, probably) tried to take stuff out of my backpack. An old man then swiped at them really hard and started yelling at them. They ran off. I was really thankful. Kigali's safe in general, but like any place, it's subject to petty theft. I laughed later, because I don't know what they could have feasibly taken from my bag. It's stuffed to the gills and I can't even get into it.

Okay, that's all for now. They're probably waiting for me...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morgan,

This is an amazing blog; you've already set a very high standard for yourself. Now we'll all be checking EVERY DAY to read of your latest exploits. The pressure's on; now you know how J.K. Rowling must feel.

You also are a real inspiration; we should've known you'd finally get to the field, and in such a useful and important undertaking.

Do great things; be safe, too.

Best,
Kevin

1/25/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger MappyB said...

Good luck in your new city, excited to read more.

1/25/2006 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morgan,

This is great! It's like traveling with you every day. Keep safe.

Take care.

Melinda

1/26/2006 4:56 PM  
Anonymous lip'n blush said...

Greaat post thanks

9/08/2023 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home