Friday, April 28, 2006

Letter from the youth

The Youth Committee wrote me a letter, which I thought I should share. I have translated it (from the French) below:


NKAMIRA, April 21, 2006

From: THE YOUTH OF NKAMIRA CAMP

Toward the goal of preventing vagrancy and bad behavior in the Nkamira transit center, we decided to organize some sports.

Concerning the soccer team, we began with training, which went well; we also played several games against our neighbors in the village outside the center.

In brief, here are the results of games played:

-On March 10, 2006, against the “Clairement” school, we won two to zero (2-0).

-On March 16, 2006, against the Mutura school team, the score was tied zero-zero (0-0).

-On March 30, 2006, against the Kanzenze school, the score was one to zero (1-0).

-And finally, on April 20, 2006, we bombarded the Nyiramirango team four to one (4-1).

And we’re thinking of playing a friendly game against the district team.

Finally, if there were a way to find jerseys, this would be good for us because it’s not easy to differentiate ourselves from our adversaries when we are wearing different clothes.

As you can see, the team continues to evolve following your help and we hope there will be a good return on your investment.

We thank you for everything you do.

May God bless you.


Jean-Bosco KABANDA
The president of youth of the Nkamira transit center

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Morgan - I just sent this posting to everyone on my list of contributors to our soccer ball fund. I'm envisioning AARP t-shirts for jerseys.... The boxes of goodies are arriving daily and sitting in my living room waiting for the final packaging and long trip to Africa. Can't wait for the kids to receive them!

4/28/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger Morgan C. said...

How exciting! The kids are going to be so happy. I haven't told them about the package, because I want it to be a surprise for World Refugee Day. I'm planning a boys' match and a girls' match. A big thank you to everyone who contributed to the soccer ball fund!!

5/02/2006 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home