Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Coming Home.

It had to happen, I suppose. I’m in the process of closing up and saying goodbye to everyone I know. It’s not quite the end of this blog, though, as I have many more entries that I will continue to upload (and a particular entry that I must wait until I have returned home to post).

I’d like to see everyone (and meet new people who have been following my entries) when I return! I’ll be back at the end of this week, so I was contemplating a happy hour or something next week. Suggestions welcomed. I’m not sure what hotspots have opened up since my departure…it always seems like places (like people) come and go in Washington!

Meanwhile, I really hope that my trip home is uneventful….but seeing as how I’m taking Kenya Airways from Kigali to Nairobi, problems are almost guaranteed. I’ve taken them 3 times, and each time, something has gone wrong: the first time, KA staff stole my credit card information; the second, our plane was delayed, we missed our connection, and I had to sleep in Nairobi and only get 4 hours of sleep before we had to go back to the airport; and the third, they lost my luggage. Let's hope the adage is wrong, and that the fourth time's the charm.

So…keep reading, and I’ll be home soon!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations on completing your visit there. That must be both sad and exciting....Keep us posted!

7/18/2006 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.pcrproject.com/

7/20/2006 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It had to happen eventually. Your updates on the weighty (and less weighty) matters of life in Africa have been a fascinating window into the continent and you. Here's hoping to a sweet farewell and a welcome homecoming.

7/20/2006 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been doing a fantastic job with this blog, and it sounds like your work in Rwanda has gone very well, but I still can't wait to have you back here again.

I look forward to hearing more stories in person!

7/20/2006 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

air jordan shoes
jordan shoes
kyrie 5 spongebob
kyrie 9
palm angels hoodie
supreme
golden goose superstar
kd 15
off white
moncler coat

10/02/2022 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home